Skill Set Summary
Adobe Creative Suite
HTML , CSS, web graphic optimization, Flash
Proficient in both Macintosh and Microsoft operating systems
Crocker Art Museum, Sacramento, CA
Senior Graphic Designer, March 2006 – present
- Design and produce Museum’s marketing materials for print including a quarterly magazine, advertising and exhibition related collateral for more than 13,000 members.
- Create environmental display graphics for street poles, bus backs, billboards, bus shelters, large scale banners and informational signs.
- Research printing options and attend press checks and proofs with vendors to insure quality and consistency.
- Collaborate with internal clients to create engaging and well designed promotional pieces such as invitations, flyers, direct mail and promotional materials.
- Demonstrated knowledge of prepress best practices and consult with vendors in paper selection and pricing.
- Design custom ad campaigns promoting current exhibitions and special events.
- Supervise one full-time assistant on various production projects of Museum collateral.
- Design and produce custom Museum Store product including postcards, greeting cards and magnets.
- Photograph artworks and retouch images of Museum events from photography volunteers, ensuring accurate color and exposure.
- Manage design projects ensuring timely and accurate delivery of finished materials.
- Print, trim and finish in-house produced materials and mock-ups for approval and feedback from Museum staff.
- Designed and implemented a new addition to the current website and supporting graphic illustrations highlighting the Museum’s $100M expansion plans. Also designed and printed brochures and invitations to support this fund raising effort.
Mark Hebert Graphic Design, Sacramento, CA
Principal, September 2004 – present
- Created a variety of logos and business cards for several start-up businesses.
- Production and lead designer on collateral for special events hosted by Fairytale Town, Sacramento, CA.
- Typeset and redesigned the Sutter Club hardbound book, published originally by the Sutter Club in Sacramento, CA.
- Designed brochures, invitations and marketing materials for Alliance Bank of Arizona, BankWest of Nevada and Torrey Pines Bank, subsidiaries of Western Alliance Bancorporation in Las Vegas.
- Created posters and postcards for Teeth, a performing artists group based in Portland, OR.
Power Trainings International, Salt Lake City, UT
Creative Director, April 2004 – September 2004
- Directed the visual look and feel of all marketing materials as an in-house designer for a start-up company.
- Designed brochures, inserts, letterheads, workbooks and accompanying literature for all marketing materials.
- Developed branding standards for each specific product and service.
- Printed, trimmed, and finished all materials.
- Updated website to include a Flash-based splash page.
Carol Sogard, Visual Think, Salt Lake City, UT
Lead Designer, August 2004 – October 2004
Designed and implemented the American Institute of Graphic Arts, AI GA 100 Show Awards Book for 2003 and 2004.
2nd Place—American Association of Museums Publication Competition, Newsletter Category for museums with annual operating budgets over $750,000
CCS Fund Raising, President’s Award, Silver, for Crocker Art Museum’s Capital Campaign Brochure 2007
2004 University of Utah Student Art Exhibition Poster Contest